The Second Version

07/02/07

From The Flood

I'm still in Jakarta, safe and sound. Probably you know that the city has been hit by a severe flood that killed nearly 60 people and made 200 000 homeless. I've seen the flood with my own eyes, but the biggest incoveniences I suffered are longer taxi rides and closure of the hotel's pool. Only one day I and my friend almost had to wade through a flooded stretch of road, but in the end we rode to the hotel on the back of two motorbikes - a local favourite among transports. Swimming in the muddy floodwaters like some kids here do may be more real, but it's not my thing, terima kasih.

Regular blogging will probably resume at some point next week.

Etichette: , ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page