The Second Version

31/10/08

The Second Version Expatriates

The job market here is in such a bad shape that I have lost hope. So, next week I will fly far away to try my luck in a more dynamic environment. I have given myself a little less than 3 months time: if things do not work well by January next year... I'll be in deep shit, I suppose.

Where exactly? I'll leave you with a bit of a riddle: the country was founded by Sir Stamford Raffles in 1819.

This also explains why I've been quite silent lately: preparations for the trip kept me busy - and I am fighting a little voice at the back of my head that keeps telling me not to go, not to leave my country and my people.

Alas, going is what I will do.

Etichette: ,

4 Commenti:

  • Gesu', in Singapore!
    Non abbandonarci eh! :D
    We are all in a bad shit I think. Next year I have to think about another country too.

    Di Blogger Unknown, Alle 31/10/08 18:23  

  • Certo che continuerò a scrivere qui. Soprattutto quando mi sarò ambientato un minimo.

    They do a lot of research over there, in biotech too...

    Di Blogger Fabio, Alle 31/10/08 18:31  

  • Da un lato sono contento per te e naturalmente ti faccio i miei migliori auguri, spero però che non scomparirai. Però una autocrazia come Singapore! Spero ti troverai bene.

    Di Anonymous Anonimo, Alle 31/10/08 22:29  

  • Difatti ho avuto un ripensamento dell'ultimo minuto ed ho rimandato il viaggio.

    Diciamo che basta evitare attivismo politico ed attività illegali per non avere problemi a Singapore. Certo però non è proprio il paese più libero del mondo.

    Di Blogger Fabio, Alle 3/11/08 15:56  

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page