The Second Version

14/07/11

Ubuntu Tech Notes

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) on a stock-configuration Acer Extensa 5220.

The webcam is an USB mdel, Z-Star ZC0305.

With Skype (Beta) 2.2.0.35, I was unable to see or let other users see my video: the test screen (Skype options) remained black, while in a conversation my video window did not even appear.

The video instead appeared correctly in Cheese.

I was able to solve the problem with Skype using the solution given in this Ubuntu forum: run Skype using the following command

env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

libv4l must of course be installed.

This solution has not been tested on other machines or with different software configuration, but I hope it is useful for other users as well.

Etichette: ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]



<< Home page